DJI Mini 3 Pro is the DJI’s latest drones on 2022. When I was on DJI forums, I noticed that many Mini 3 Pro users are asking for solutions for some common issues with DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Therefore I thought that it would be so much helpful for DJI Mini 3 Pro users if I could answer those common DJI Mini 3 Pro problems in one simple article. Usually, most of those problems are common for almost every DJI drone and easy to fix. So here are the most common problems with DJI Mini 3 Pro and how to fix those issues.
Common DJI Mini 3 Pro Problems.
- Problem 1: DJI Mini 3 pro not pairing.
- Problem 2: DJI Mini 3 quick transfer is not working/ DJI Mini 3 is not downloading photos.
- Problem 3: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not flying sideways.
- Problem 4: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not turning on.
- Problem 5: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not reading the sd card.
- Problem 6: DJI Mini 3 Pro not connecting to wifi.
- Problem 7: DJI Mini 3 Pro not charging.
- Problem 8: DJI Mini 3 Pro controller not charging.
- Problem 9: DJI Mini 3 Pro not focusing.
- Problem 10: DJI Mini 3 Pro signal issues.
Problem 1: DJI Mini 3 Pro not pairing/ connecting.
Most of the time, DJI Mini 3 Pro won’t pair to the controller because of installing different versions of firmware to the Mini 3 Pro controller and the aircraft. Other than that outdated firmware, insufficient battery power, and unlinked DJI Spark aircraft.
- If the DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft LEDs blink yellow, you need to pair them before trying to connect them. Power on the aircraft and controller then connect the controller to the mobile device. Open the DJI Fly app and click on “Connection Guide”. Then select DJI Mini 3 and wait until the searching process fails and the “Unable to connect to aircraft” button appears. Once it appeared, click on that and press and hold the Mini 3 Pro aircraft power button for 4 seconds (until it the drone starts to beep). Once you have done that, hit on “Pair” button on the DJI Fly app. Then wait until they bind together.
- Charge the Mini 3 Pro aircraft and remote controller battery to a sufficient level.
- Keep DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft and the controller firmware in an equal version. It’s so important to keep equal versions of firmware in both DJI controller and aircraft. Unless they would refuse to pair and connect.
- Update DJI Mini 3 Pro Aircraft and controller Firmware to the latest version.
- Reset the controller.
Read Detailed Article: Why Drone not connecting to the controller and how to fix it.
Problem 2: DJI Mini 3 Pro quick transfer is not working/ DJI Mini 3 Pro is not downloading photos.
Usually, the DJI Fly app which is the Mini 3 Pro user app’s Quick transfer feature malfunctions when using cellular data to download files. Many users think that it’s a DJI Fly app glitch and expect it would be fixed in future DJI Fly app updates.
- Turn on airplane mode and connect to a Wifi connection. Turn off the Cellular Data / Mobile Data and try to connect Wifi connection. Also, it’s better to turn on airplane mode to shut down all cellular connections.
Problem 3: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not flying sideways.
If your DJI Mini 3 Pro not flying sideways, there is a huge chance you have enabled the “Disable sideways flight” option in the DJI Fly app accidentally. Besides that outdated Mini 3 firmware also might cause this.
- Turn off the “Disable sideways flight” option. Open the DJI Fly app and enter the camera view. Then hit on the 3 little dots in the upper right corner of the fly app. Then go to the “Safety” tab and check whether the “Disable Sideways Flight” is turned on. If it is turn off it.
- Upgrade DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware.
Problem 4: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not turning on.
Usually, DJI Mini 3 Pro battery refuses to turn on because of temporary DJI Mini 3 smart battery shutdowns and battery issues. Most of the time, DJI Mini 3 Pro battery temporarily shut down like that when it detects harmful temperatures and surroundings. Other than that, damaged battery cells and outdated battery firmware also could rarely cause this.
- If you left the DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft or battery inside a closed warm room or place leave the battery in an open area or airflow to cool.
- If the battery is cold, warm up the battery.
- If you stored or left the Mini 3 Pro battery for a long time, it might have gone into hibernation mode. So to kick the Mini 3 Pro battery from hibernation mode, plug the battery to the charger and leave it for several hours.
- Update DJI Mini 3 Pro battery firmware. Insert the faulty battery inside the Mini 3 aircraft and start upgrading the firmware.
Read Detailed Article: Why drone won’t turn on and how to fix it.
Problem 5: DJI Mini 3 is not reading the sd card.
In most cases, DJI Mini 3 Pro refuses to recognize the SD card because of an incompatible SD card and invalid SD card format (different from FAT32). Also, firmware issues, malware, and corrupted SD cards cause the same issue.
- Look for DJI Mini 3 Pro compatible SD card. Check the DJI Mini 3 Pro Product Info page and check whether your SD card is compatible. If it’s not buy recommended SD card (SanDisk Extreme 64GB).
- If the SD card is damaged or corrupted, repair the SD card using the Windows command prompt. Use an SD card adaptor and connect the SD card to the PC. Open the command prompt and type “chkdsk” then leave a space and specify the SD card driver letter (Ex: chkdsk D). and hit enter. Once the process is done the sd card is repaired.
- Format the SD card.
- Update DJI Mini 3 Pro Aircraft firmware.
Read the Detailed Article: Why Drone not recognizing SD card and how to fix it.
Problem 6: DJI Mini 3 Pro not connecting to wifi.
Usually, the DJI Mini 3 Pro wifi is not showing up or Mini 3 Pro not connecting to the wifi because of Mini 3 Pro aircraft faulty settings, outdated firmware, and faulty mobile device’s wifi settings. most of the time users face this issue because of mobile device wifi settings glitches.
- Turn on airplane mode and turn off it. When you turn on airplane mode, it would completely shut down the network on your device. Then when you turn on it again it would try to detect the new devices and reconnect them.
- Forget the Mini 3 Pro Wifi connection and try to connect to its Wifi connection again.
- Factory reset the DJI Mini 3 Pro.
- Update DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware.
- Try with another device.
Read the Detailed Article: Why Drone Wifi not showing up and how to fix it.
Problem 7: DJI Mini 3 not charging.
Usually, the DJI Mini 3 Pro battery won’t charge because of insufficient or low amperage or voltage. Other than that, outdated battery firmware, damaged battery cells, faulty chargers, improper battery temperature, and hibernation mode also cause the issue.
- Plug the charger into a power outlet with the required voltage and current. Usually, the DJI Mini 3 Pro battery charger’s required input voltage is around 100 – 240 V.
- Check whether the charger is Faulty or broken.
- If the battery is warm, leave it for a few minutes in an airflow to cool.
- Update DJI Mini 3 Pro Firmware while keeping the faulty battery inside the aircraft.
- Kick the Battery out from hibernation mode. As I mentioned before, if you left the DJI mini 3 battery for a long time, it would go into hibernation mode. So to take the battery out from hibernation mode, plug the battery into the charger and leave it for couple of hours.
- Replace the battery if it’s damaged, swollen, or reached 300-500 full charging cycles.
Read the Detailed Article: Why Drone Battery not charging and how to fix it.
Problem 8: DJI Mini 3 pro controller not charging.
- Update the controller firmware. It’s always better to upgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 PC application. Download and install the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and connect the controller to the PC using the USB cable. Then open the DJI Assistant 2 and login to your DJI account. Then click on the firmware update tab and select the latest firmware version and install it.
- Reset the controller. Turn on the screen of the controller then swipe down and open the options menu. Tap on the settings icon at the top-right corner. Go to System > Reset options and Select Erase all data (factory reset).
- Connect the controller to the charger and hold down the power button and the custom button underneath down for 15 seconds. This solution was mentioned by a user who also struggled with this issue.
- Replace the USB cable.
- Try with a different charger.
Problem 9: DJI Mini 3 Pro not focusing (burred footage).
When I was looking for solutions for DJI Mini 3 Pro auto focusing issue, I found some actionable and effective steps for the issue. I hope this would help with the problem.
- Upgrade or Refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
- Reset camera settings.
- Recalibrate the Gimbal.
- Set photos to be 48 JPE.
- Tap on the screen to focus on the area.
Problem 10: DJI Mini 3 Pro signal issues.
Most of the time DJI Mini 3 Pro loses signals because of electromagnetic interference firmware issues and crowded frequency channels.
- Update the DJI Mini 3 controller and aircraft firmware.
- Update the DJI Fly app.
- Switch the DJI Fly app transmission channel mode to manual. Open the DJI Fly app and enter the camera view. Then click on the left top corner dots and click on “Transmission”. Then switch channel mode “Auto” to Manual. Then choose a stable frequency channel. Check out the below video for a better understanding.