This could be the worst issue related to the Mavic Mini/Mini 2 battery a user can experience. Because in this situation the battery is almost bricked and useless for the drone. But let me tell you a secret if your Mavic Mini battery is not swollen, the battery is still recoverable with a few steps.
I have seen many Mavic Mini/Mini 2 users are stressed with this issue and today we are going to end this all. After reading this simple article you would know why is DJI Mavic Mini battery not charging or working and how to recover the battery.
Causes Of DJI Mavic Mini/Mini 2 battery not charging and working.
Usually, DJI Mavic Mini/ Mini 2 battery won’t charge and work because of BMS (Battery Management System) shutdowns. When the battery management system detects a power failure or unbearable power drain, it would raise PF flag and shuts down the battery. Besides that battery hardware issues, hibernation mode and damaged battery cells cause this issue.
1. Battery management system (BMS) shutdown.
I see this as the main reason for this issue in most cases. Because many users have been able to recover the Mavic Mini battery after treating this issue. When the Mavic Mini battery has gone below a certain limit or faces power failures, the BMS (Battery Management System) would raise PF flags and shuts down the battery. Removing those PF flags would recover the battery and we would talk about it in this article.
2. Hibernation mode.
If the battery cell voltage is lower than 3.0 V, the Mavic Mini smart battery would enter hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge. Once the battery entered hibernation mode it won’t charge or work as usual. Usually, the battery could go into hibernation if it’s left or stored for the long term.
3. Battery hardware issues (Faulty BMS).
If your Mavic Mini’s battery management system (the circuit connected to the battery) is damaged or faulty, the battery would malfunction even though the battery cells are alright.
4. Swollen battery.
The swollen battery also won’t function as a usual battery because they are so unstable. If your Mini’s battery is, it’s so advisable to replace the battery instead of messing with the battery. Because its battery cells are so poor now and could harm the drone anytime.
How to recover DJI Mavic Mini/ Mini 2 battery and fix issues.
Let’s see how you can recover your dead DJI Mavic Mini/ Mini 2 battery.
Step 1: Wake the battery from hibernation.
First, let’s check whether the battery has gone into hibernation then causes this behavior. If you just unboxed the drone, the battery is definitely in hibernation. Also if you left the battery for a long term, the battery might have gone into hibernation mode. It’s so simple to wake the battery from hibernation.
- Connect the Mavic Mini/ Mini 2 battery to the charger and give it a few hours to wake from hibernation if it has gone into hibernation mode.
If the battery is still not working and charging move to the next step and try that.
Step 2: Clear PF flags of the Mavic Mini’s BMS (Battery Management System).
There is a huge chance that this step would recover the Mavic Mini battery. Because this step has helped many Mavic Mini users to recover their batteries. So don’t be lazy to give a try on this step even though it is a little bit techy and requires some stuff.
For this step you need,
- CP2112 interface adapter.
- Dupont line cables connecting cables (Male-Female).
- DJI Battery Repair software.
- Windows PC.
- Download and install the DJI battery killer software to the PC.
- Take the CP2112 interface adapter and inspect its pins. You would see seven input pins named VCC, GND, SDA, SCL, WAK, INT, and RST. From them, we just need to use three pins which are GND, SDA, and SCL.
- Take three Dupont line cables and connect their female sides to GND, SDA, and SCL.
- Then connect their Male ports to the correct pins of the battery. DJI Mavic Mini and Mini 2 battery GND, SDA, and SCL pins are shown below.
- Then connect the CP2112 adapter to the PC using a USB cable.
- Open the DJI battery killer software on your PC.
- Then click on “Connect”.
- Then click on “Read Info”.
- Then click on “Unseal” and “Unseal 2”.
- After that click on “Clear PF” and “Clear PF2”. Now the PF flags would be clear and the battery would start blinking and the issue is fixed.
- Click “Exit” and close the application. Unplug the battery and charge it fully and enjoy it.
If the Mavic Mini battery is still not charging or working, move to the next step and request a repair or replacement from DJI.
Step 3: Request repair from DJI.
If the Mavic Mini/ Mini 2 battery is still not charging and working, there might be a hardware issue with the battery causing this error. To fix hardware issues of the Mini battery hardware, you can request a repair from DJI. Check out the below article explaining how you can request repair or replacement from DJI to fix your issue. It would instruct you to contact DJI and send the battery to repair or replacement.
Read the Detailed Article: How to get DJI support to repair your DJI unit’s issue.