DJI Battery signal error has been a huge issue mostly in DJI Phantom, Mavic, and Spark and users are asking for solutions for signal errors in many forums (including DJI forums) and social media.
Personally, I also have faced this issue and was able to fix the issue after following some simple steps. So I was interested in the error and started researching the issue. After going through many forums, videos and I was able to collect a bunch of information about the causes of the DJI battery signal error and how to fix it. So here is the brief article about the DJI battery signal error, that could help you to fix the DJI battery signal error.
Causes For DJI Battery Signal Error.
Commonly, DJI battery signal error is caused by the misalignment of the connection with the battery and the pins or probes of the aircraft. Let’s have a quick talk about the causes of the DJI battery signal error.
1. Misaligned telemetry probes on the battery connector.
If you are getting this after a drone crash this could be the reason for the error. Usually, after hard landings, flights, or crashes the aircraft’s probes that connect with the battery can get misaligned easily.
2. Swollen Battery/ Unfiting battery.
As I said before, the DJI Battery Signal error is caused by the misalignment of the connectors of the aircraft and the battery. So if your DJI aircraft’s battery is swollen or mismatched battery those connectors won’t align properly. Most importantly, if your battery is swollen, immediately stop using that battery because those batteries are harmful for the aircraft.
3. Battery firmware glitches.
Battery firmware is the wizard that managed the data of the battery’s sensor and detects errors in the battery. Same as the aircraft’s firmware. So if the aircraft firmware or the battery’s firmware is glitched it could cause the DJI battery signal error.
4. Damaged battery or aircraft connectors.
If the connection pins of the aircraft or the battery are damaged, it would be difficult to connect them together and could cause this error.
5. Faulty/ Damaged Battery.
If your battery’s circuit is damaged or faulty, it would malfunction and cause this error.
How to Fix DJI Battery Signal Error.
In this section, let’s go through the step-by-step process of fixing the DJI battery signal error.
1. Restart the aircraft.
Sometimes this could be just a temporary glitch. So it’s worth restarting the aircraft before going to the next steps. Restart the aircraft first and check whether the error is gone. Else let’s go to the next step.
2. Inspect connection pins of the aircraft and battery.
Check whether the battery pins are straight and align properly with the aircraft’s pins.
3. Update the battery’s and aircraft’s firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
As I said before glitched battery firmware or aircraft’s firmware could cause this error. So next, let’s update the battery’s and aircraft’s firmware. Also when updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 PC application.
- Download and install DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI Download center to the PC.
- Insert the errored battery into the aircraft and get ready for the firmware update.
- Connect the drone to the PC using a micro USB cable and power on the aircraft.
- Open DJI Assistant 2 application on the PC and log in to your DJI account.
- Then select your DJI Drone and click on the “Firmware Updates” on the left panel and click on the “Upgrade” option.
- Click on “Start Update”. Then wait until the firmware is downloaded and installed.
- Then restart the aircraft.
4. Replace the battery.
If the battery is swollen, pins are bent or cells are damaged, the battery needs to be replaced to fix the error. Make sure to buy an original battery from the DJI.
5. Contact DJI Support or professionals.
Read the detailed article: How to get DJI Support to repair/fix your DJI drone issue.
If you are still getting this error, there is something wrong with the hardware of the aircraft. So contact DJI Support and get help for preparing or replacing the unit. If you are struggling with contacting DJI, meet professionals and get help to fix the hardware issue.