DJI Mini 3 pro was a huge upgraded version of the DJI Mavic Mini series. I think that’s why it has become so popular among the drone community since it was released. When talking about issues related to the DJI Mini 3 Pro, there are some common issues that many DJI Mini 3 users have faced.
So in this article, we would talk about what are the common DJI Mini 3 Pro problems and how to fix them. I hope this would definitely be a helpful article for DJI Mini 3 Pro users to troubleshoot problems related to their Mini 3 Pro.
Common DJI Mini 3 Pro Problems.
Here is the list of common DJI Mini 3 Pro problems. Click on your issue to jump to that part of the article.
- Problem 1: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not flying sideways.
- Problem 2: DJI Mini 3 Pro not focusing.
- Problem 3: DJI Mini 3 Pro RC is not reading the sd card.
- Problem 4: DJI Mini 3 quick transfer is not working/ DJI Mini 3 is not downloading photos.
- Problem 5: DJI Mini 3 Pro signal issues.
- Problem 6: DJI Mini 3 Pro remote controller white screen.
Problem 1: DJI Mini 3 Pro is not flying sideways.
Most of the time, DJI Mini 3 Pro won’t fly sideways because of enabling the “Disable sideways flight” option in the DJI Fly app accidentally by the user.
Solution: Disable the “Disable sideways flight” option.
- Open the DJI Fly app and enter the camera view. Then hit on the 3 little dots in the upper right corner of the fly app.
- Then go to the “Safety” tab and check whether the “Disable Sideways Flight” is turned on. If it is turn off it.
Problem 2: DJI Mini 3 Pro not focusing.
Most of the time, DJI Mini 3 Pro is having focus issues when the aircraft is powered on while something is in front of the camera. So it would set up the focus to that length and won’t focus on objects located beyond that length.
Solution: Power on the Mini 3 Pro aircraft camera facing the horizon.
- First power on the remote controller.
- Face the Mini 3 Pro aircraft to the horizon and then power it on.
Problem 3: DJI Mini 3 Pro RC is not reading the sd card.
Usually, DJI Mini 3 Pro won’t read or recognize the SD card, if you are using an incompatible SD card with the DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Solution: Use a compatible SD card with DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Below is the list of compatible SD cards for DJI Mini 3 Pro. If you are using a third-party SD card that which doesn’t mention below, buy an SD card that supports DJI Mini 3 Pro.
- SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
- SanDisk Extreme 128GB/256GB/512GB V30 A2 microSDXC
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB/256GB/400GB V30 A2 microSDXC
- SanDisk High Endurance 64GB/256GB V30 microSDXC
- SanDisk Max Endurance 32GB V30 microSDHC
- SanDisk Max Endurance 128GB/256GB V30 microSDXC
- Kingston Canvas Go! Plus 64GB/256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
- Lexar High Endurance 64GB/128GB V30 microSDXC
- Lexar 667x 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
- Lexar 633x 256GB V30 A1 microSDXC
- Lexar 1066x 64GB/128GB/256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
- Samsung Pro Plus 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
- Samsung EVO Plus 512GB microSDXC
Problem 4: DJI Mini 3 quick transfer is not working/ DJI Mini 3 is not downloading photos.
In most cases, the DJI Fly app which is the Mini 3 Pro user app’s Quick transfer won’t work because of using cellular data to download files. I think that the actual reason for this issue is a DJI Fly app glitch.
Solution 1: Turn off cellular data and turn on Wifi.
- Turn off the Cellular Data.
- Also, it’s better to turn on airplane mode to shut down all cellular connections.
- Turn on Wifi. Then try Quick transfer videos and images.
Problem 5: DJI Mini 3 Pro signal issues.
Most of the time, DJI Mini 3 Pro signal issues are caused by bad Wifi settings. Also sometimes you could get signal and range issues after updating the firmware.
Solution 1: Set up Wifi settings to minimize interference.
- Then open the DJI Fly app and enter the camera view.
- Tap on the three dots at the right top corner and tap on “Transmission”.
- Then choose “Dual-band” as the frequency option.
- Choose “Auto” as the Channel mode. Therefore once the drone gets interference in the current frequency range, it would move to the frequency range with the lowest interference. So
- Then set up the Downlink Bandwidth to 20MHz.
Solution 2: Wait until the new firmware comes out.
If you are having this issue after updating the firmware, that means that the latest firmware could have some glitches causing the issue. So you have to wait until the debugged firmware is released. Once it is released, update the Mini 3 Pro firmware to the latest firmware.
Problem 6: DJI Mini 3 Pro remote controller white screen.
Usually, you could see a white screen on your remote controller if you have set IOS to a high value and the shutter speed to a low value and overexpose the lens to light.
Solution: Change camera settings to Auto.
Auto camera settings would set up better ISO and shutter speed by analyzing data. Tap on the camera icon at the right bottom corner to change camera settings to “Auto”.